1) Regular COD and Non-Warranty Repairs: require a $75 diagnostic deposit at drop off and are billed at $120 an hour. The $75 deposit will be applied to the completed repair. The technician will reach out to each customer with a diagnosis and estimate, if over $135, unless other arrangements are made with the customer.
2) Warranty Repairs: require a deposit of $75 at drop off. If the technician confirms that the repair is covered under shop or manufacturers warranty, the deposit will be refunded at pickup.
3) The Deposit: is always applied to completed repairs. The deposit will not be refunded if an estimate is declined and will be applied to diagnostic labor. Repairs will not be put in the the repair queue until we receive the deposit.
4) Powered Mixers: require a deposit of $120.
5) Off Site Repairs: Payment for off site work is due on completion of work. There is a minimum charge is $540 for the first 3 hours and includes travel time within a 15 mile radius to the shop. After the first 3 hours, time is billed at $180 an hour. If the repair is completed in less than 3 hours, the minimum charge still applies.
6) Estimates: on regular repairs are only given if the technician knows that the repair will well exceed $150.
7) Restorations or Repairs on Older Units: cannot be effectively estimated as many defects will remain unknown until it has been brought to a safe and somewhat stable level of operation. In these cases the technician and customer will arrive at a “not to exceed” cost. In some cases a larger deposit may be required.
8) A minimum materials charge: of $25 will be added to all completed repairs for consumables. The consumables charge will not accompany refused estimates.
9) There is a $20 charge for units that come in and are picked up before the technician has had a chance to look at it.
10) We offer a RUSH Service: for $75 if equipment repairs are needed earlier than the general turnaround time,. This service will get the tech STARTED on a job within 72 hours. MT cannot guarantee the repair will be completed within 72 hours. However, MT will expedite the repair and complete it as soon as possible. Deliveries of parts, if needed, are out of our direct control. Expedited freight charges for parts not on hand will be billed to the customer.
11) We accept VISA and MASTERCARD.
12) We do not accept personal checks.
13) If a credit card has a PO Box as a billing address, we will not accept it unless the card is present.
General Turnaround Times:
Corey – Pro Audio/Solid State Amplifiers/Mixers: 2 – 4 Weeks
Mike - Keyboards/Turntables/DJ: 2 - 4 Weeks
Doug – Tube Amplifiers/Guitars: 6 – 10 Weeks
Bill – High End Audio/Keyboards/Turntables: 8 – 16 Weeks
Tim – Reel-To-Reel/Tape Decks/Digital/Keyboards: 8 – 16 Weeks
Shop and Manufacturers Warranty:
Warranty repairs must be accompanied by the original bill of sale or shop ticket. If warranty service is requested at drop-off, and the original receipt is not present, the repair will not be started until one or the other is received. If an item is dropped off without a receipt and warranty service is not requested, the repair will be processed as a normal repair and the customer will be responsible for the charges. We will not re-process the claim as warranty.
A deposit will be collected on all warranty jobs and will be refunded once the repair is found to be eligible for warranty service by the technician. If the warranty claim is approved the $75 will be refunded. If the warranty claim is denied the $75 deposit will be applied as the diagnostic fee or applied to labor.
There is a $75 charge for all auto-replacements.
Shop warranty is a limited warranty. It covers the labor for the specific repair for 30 days. Additional parts are not covered. Unrelated failures are not covered. If a shop warranty needs to be shipped back to MT, the customer will pay freight in and MT will pay return freight in most cases.